Sunday, December 17, 2017

Broken promises

Another broken promise. I'm not surprised at this point. Apparently a short text conversation with Steve two months ago, primarily about his upcoming wedding, made his fiancee feel uncomfortable. I didn't know this until the other day when I asked how things were going.

So I said, "Alright, I'll leave you be." Deleted his contact info. Deleted all of our recent messages. Deleted his email. Blocked both of them on fb again. I was trying to be nice. See if maybe over time a friendship could happen.

So much for him saying that he'd always be there for me. But I'm not surprised. People always leave or make excuses eventually. However, I'm now with everyone else in giving their marriage two years. I was the optimistic one saying five years.

Speaking of break up, there's a whole big mess going on with two friends of Frank and I. Case (another friend) and I are playing go between and counselors. Honestly, the best thing for both of them is to be away from each other. They bring out the worst in themselves and each other.

But this is what I do really well. Picking up the pieces of everyone else's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment