Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dinner went well but...

It's been an interesting few days. Some good, some bad. Mainly good times though. Thanksgiving went really well. The turkey was moist and delicious. My friends and I killed at least 6 bottles of wine and nearly an entire jug of sweet red wine. I'd have to do an inventory downstairs to be sure. I was very tipsy at one point. I'd lost track of how much I had to drink, and I hadn't been snacking like everyone else because I had been prepping things.

Let's just say I was kicked out of my own kitchen...

So Wednesday night Chris decided he was coming down as well. I'll admit, I was a little nervous/worried about him and Steve being in the same room together for an extended amount of time. I knew they'd be polite but I expected it to be awkward. Thankfully everything went smoothly!

As for what didn't go well, I'm not happy with Chris right now. For things that happened before and after the party. He better not talk to me for a few days because I will go off on him. He was disrespectful to me and the rules of my house. When I'm not livid, he and I will be having a conversation about it. I'd be furious if a friend did the crap he did, let alone my boyfriend.

Lisa and I talked about it yesterday while I was at her house. Even she said that as upset as she gets at Steve sometimes with the relationship issues, she always gets over it because he's a great guy who never intends to hurt me. Disrespecting me is a whole separate issue. She's never met Chris and never wants to at this point. Can't say I blame her.

I've just been able to distance myself from a crappy ex. I sure as hell am not going to be treated like crap ever again. So he's walking on thin ice and I have no problem breaking up with him if he doesn't get his head out of his ass. Too many more respectful people around who want my interest to waste my time with that shit.

We'll see how all that goes, but I'm done putting up with other people's crap and nonsense. This is also why I'm not casually dating. I never have been honestly. I tend to randomly meet people and fall into relationships. It's when I try to date that I meet the crazy ones who won't leave me alone.

But Thanksgiving went well enough that I said I'd have something around Easter next year. Too much going on in December to have Christmas here. It was well worth the stress and headaches.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad everything went so well! But you are too right about Chris .. nobody should EVER disrespect somebody they supposedly care!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the crux of the issue. If he doesn't respect me, then there's no point going forward. After years of friendship...This deserves its own post or else I'm going to ramble here.

      Let's just say I'm doing some serious thinking and reconsidering.

      Delete