Saturday, October 26, 2013

Why don't things ever work as they should

About ten inches into knitting what was supposed to be a scarf I realized I was knitting something more akin to a triangle. Apparently something about stockinette stitching gets newbies every time. Here I was thinking it was easy...and it was! I even managed to put swirly patterns in it. Except I had nearly three times as many stitches as I was supposed to...all extending from the one end. I got the other side right, I guess.

I decided to unravel it all and start over. I nearly cried. All that hard work gone. Now I'm working on something where I have to count every last stitch on every row. I can't possibly screw this up, right? Granted, I nearly fumbled already but I fixed my mistake easily enough. I did manage to learn something the first time, rofl.

That's about the only interesting thing going on in my life currently. Unless you'd like to hear about the mysterious red saw dust I found on the ledge on top of the bathroom window. I haven't the faintest idea where that came from, but it's gone now. If it comes back...yeah, let's just hope it was one of those random occurrences in my house. It's over 120 year old. Strange things happen. At a certain point, I just accept it.

I'm monster sitting next weekend. Lisa and her hubby are going to Salem, MA for her birthday. I've been a couple of times and loved it. They should have a good time so long as the rain holds out. I'll be enjoying the adorableness of the monster and pups. Speaking of Lisa, her hubby wants me to help her learn how to cook. And clean more effectively. Love that woman, but a housewife she is not. So I was tasked with helping. Wish me luck...seriously I'm going to need it, lol.

I miss Sir, but that's nothing new. My bed is too large without Him. Plus He's a heat machine and it's cold at night. Hahaha! Maybe, barring His schedule, He'll be able to come hang out with me while I'm monster sitting. It'd be nice. Watching silly movies, snuggling. We can order in something for dinner. I like this plan. So it'd be really nice if His scheduled allowed for it. *coughhinthintcough*

No comments:

Post a Comment