Sunday, November 6, 2016

A good reminder of how far I've come

I woke up to an email from a former Dom of mine. It was an online only relationship. I could have sworn I had filtered all of his email addresses, but it wouldn't surprise me if I missed one. It could even be a new one.

He has been sending me messages sporadically since he ended things back at the end of 2011. Yep, five years ago. Basically his message was short and summed up how he was wandering back in to say hello after five years.

This was back when I was still with the Ex. Just for context.

This former Dom took advantage of the really horrible situation I was in and used it to his advantage. So I had two abusive dicks in my life during that time. Though the former Dom was only emotionally abusive.

So, this morning I finally wrote him back. Told him what all happened with the Ex. The Ex has a police and court record because of what he did to me. Arse. And that former Dom was getting his only warning to stay the hell away.

I'm not even close to the person I was five years ago. Or a year ago. And that's something. So I'm actually thankful I got that message, in a weird way.

It was a clear reminder of how far I've come and grown as a person. And fuck manipulative, abusive people. There was a time when a message like that would have pulled at emotions from the past, made me remember the good times, have forgotten the bad times. I'm too easy to forgive people at times.

But this is a clear reminder that I'm stronger than the manipulation. And that's such a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment