Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A sad state of affairs

I have never written a political post before but I am now. As things stand, it looks like Trump will be President...fuck everything about that sentence. The Senate and House will be Republican controlled.

And I have never been more afraid for my life.

I should be asleep but I can't sleep. My friends can't sleep; and it's all I'm seeing and reading. We're too terrified. Besides being the fuck out of dodge and saying fuck off America.

What I can't believe is the astounding amount of people who voted against their own self interests. Because unless someone is white and wealthy, Trump and current Republicans have nothing to offer anyone else.

Why am I terrified? I'm going to lose my health insurance. I only have any because of the affordable care act. And Congress no longer has anyone in their way to eliminate it.

I'm a woman. In a Trump world, I'm not even a second class citizen. I'm poly, kinky, pagan.

But on a larger scale, war is coming. Global war has been coming and America's future is now in the hands of someone with the emotional stability of a toddler.

I actually wonder if there is a safe place to be found anywhere.

The dollar has already tanked. Stocks are down. A true economic depression is coming.

What started as a light hearted statement to pull resources together and leave the country has become a real idea in less than 24 hours. Because we didn't think he could win. We didn't believe the American people would fall for his bullshit and lies and hatred and bigotry.

We were wrong.

So I'm going to do a lot of research because I no longer feel safe living in this country and I want out before all hell breaks loose. While I'm still able to leave.

May whatever God you believe in have pity and mercy on America, because it needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment