Saturday, September 21, 2013

Toeing A Different Kind Of Line

I'm currently standing in line, waiting to get into the renn faire. Sir is in another line, as I bought a return ticket when I was here with.friends a few weeks ago. There's threat of rain. I'm crossing my fingers that it holds off for most of the day.


I woke up in a terrible mood. I have few buttons that can be pushed that will royally piss me off. Last night, one was pushed. Then repeatedly poked and prodded. I did what I could to defuse it. Exaggerate the frustration to make it seem like not a big deal. Then I reached a point of silence and stillness. That's when people should be worried. Because I was holding on by a bare thread.


One person noticed, Kevin. It was a birthday party at their place. As I was leaving he asked me if I was okay. No, not entirely. But I held it together. Rebecca had a great birthday and that's all that matters.


If not for already made plans, I would have hid away for a few days, far away from people. My threshold of patience is nil. I don't really like it either. Sir knows I'm in a pissy mood and is trying to diffuse it.


Problem is, He started pushing that button last night. Maybe when I'm less angry, I can explain it all better. For now, I'll try to enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment