Saturday, April 12, 2014

Update on current health

It's been a heck of a week. I haven't been writing for two reasons. For one, I feel god awful. The other is that a lot of the medical stuff has been up in the air.

Monday, I went for lab work in the morning. By two in the afternoon, my abdominal pain had spiked severely enough that I went back to the doctor's office. The nice nurse working the front desk told me to go to their ER affiliate. The doctor I saw Saturday wanted a CT scan done anyway and the hospital would be quicker, just in case it was something life threatening. So off to the hospital I went. The staff was really great. The CT scan came back clear and I was sent home.

Tuesday, I was called in to the doctor's office to meet my new primary doctor and follow up with him. I normally don't like doctors. I like this one, a lot. Two hours later, he had run down the list of what everything could be for the upper abdominal pain. He was far more concerned with the pelvic pain as the pain killers weren't helping that at all. Just as I was about to be discharged, he came running back to the room. He asked, "Have you ever had shingles before?"  Yes, when I was 11 years old. Oh...Ohhhh. Right. That makes total sense. I was given a script for more pain killers and acyclovir.

Not just shingles, but internal shingles. Because shingles isn't horrible enough that it has to travel towards my organs to cause me pain. And then when it flares, my entire abdomen and back feel on fire. I didn't start breaking out in bumps until Wednesday evening, and even then, there aren't many. It's basically staying inside my body.

Wednesday, I had to go for an ultrasound (external and internal) to see what might be causing the pelvic pain. Let me tell you, I never wanted to curl up and die as much as that morning. Having a full bladder for the test was sheer agony. The external test hurt like a mother fucker because the very nice woman had to press down on all the spots that hurt like a bitch. The internal one didn't bother me at all.

Every morning since then has brought on more pelvic pain and some new symptoms. So hopefully that'll point the doctor in the right direction. I got a call Friday morning saying my ultrasound came back clear. I don't know what the next step is, but it feels bladder and/or kidney related, given the new symptoms.

The shingles meds are helping. The pain killers are decent for that, but aren't doing a damn thing for the pelvic and back pain.

Sir is very worried. Lisa hates that she can't be with me as she's still recovering from her surgery. Chris just wants to snuggle with me and make it all go away.

I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday to talk about how the shingles meds are helping and the pelvic pain. Hopefully he can pull through again and figure out everything. Of course I end up with two god awful painful illnesses at once. Ones that aren't presenting normally either.

Now, I'm going to lay down because sitting up hurts. I will catch up on other blogs when I'm feeling decent again.


  1. Oh wow! When it rains it pours! You've had a rotten time of it's im so sorry. Glad you've got a good doc and lots of people who care about you, hang in there and get better soon.

  2. OUCH! I never even knew there was such a thing! How horrible for you.

    You just lie back & let everybody take care of you!!!

    Get better soon!!!!