Thursday, September 8, 2016

Reminder of the Past

Written and Originally Published 10/23/12

I wish I had heeded my own warning,
the prediction that was too true.
Except I was never rebuilt
after he tore it all down.
Every wall, every last piece of my sanity.

"Destroyed and Rebuilt"


Tears are pouring down where I wish words to flow
Washing my hands of this ill-begotten battle
It's time to hang up the white flag, surrender


Cut my heart out and serve it on a platter
Where you can shape and remold it
Into the vessel that best serves your plans

Leave out the love and the nurturing
Lessons learned in pain stick better to my soul
What's another scar on a body lined with them


Play the games you've mastered so well
Always two steps behind, won't see your moves
As you shatter what's left of me

Remember to put me back together again
Give back the life you ripped from me
To rise like the phoenix from the ashes



No comments:

Post a Comment