Friday, August 2, 2013

Gardening As Therapy

I'm not exactly doing okay but I have been keeping myself busy. This morning I pulled weeds from the front garden as well as put more mulch down. There was something relaxing and rewarding about the whole task. Though I've always been the kind to get lost in a garden.


I wish I had taken a before picture, but it really would have been too embarrassing to post online. Just imagine weeds everywhere, trying to smother my pretty plants. The ivy I still need to get rid of? You can see it on the bottom of the porch. It was choking my plants from underneath, bastards. But now it's pretty and I no longer feel like the disgrace of the neighborhood. :-P

My one neighbor had the right idea of planting a giant shrub that he has only to trim a few times a year. I have more weeding to do in the backyard as well. Owning a home: the projects never end!!

Earlier I was invited to a friends for a small get together, for tomorrow afternoon. That should be fun and take my mind off of the recent struggles. I'm hoping Kevin and Rebecca will be there. If not, I will see them and Sir on Tuesday.

Not too much kink is happening but honestly there's too much going on in my head right now to play consensually. We'd probably only do more damage than good. Sir has been very good to me, as if that is any surprise. Yesterday He sent me a text saying, "How's the girl that makes me happy and smiley doing?"  It was so sweet that I couldn't help but smile. Damn Him for ruining my depressive funk. No, He has to go about being adorable and lovey. This is why I love Him so much. :)

Though I need to work on not acting like He's going to leave me all the time. I can see how that would be frustrating. He's given me no reason to doubt Him. In fact, He's proven time and time again that He's loyal to a fault. And...He says I keep up walls in my friendships. I guess I'll have to work on that too. I can't promise any overnight changes but I do promise to work on both of those issues.

I did see Sir last Saturday but we both agree that it feels like it's been far longer. Tuesday cannot come soon enough! I am never going to get enough of that man. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're doing a bit better. :) and I love that you used "gardening therapy." It looks wonderful, btw. :)
    Of course the changes won't come overnight, but the important part is that you are working on them.
    Hope you have a great weekend. Hoping Tuesday comes fast for you.
    Hugs
    :)

    ReplyDelete