Saturday, July 13, 2013

Music Being Played Again and Again






Mumford and Sons has become a new favorite for me. I love the song, Broken Crown. It speaks so much to the struggles I've had with my faith. "Better not to breathe than breathe a lie"  &  "I'll never wear your broken crown; I took the road and I fucked it all away"

The entire albums "Sigh No More" and "Babel" are worth listening to in full compared to any individual song. Both albums are about life, love, and faith. The journeys that take us from places of familiarity to the unknown.

My issue with most Christian music is that it lacks substance. It doesn't speak to me. These guys do, though they don't stick to a Christian music label. They speak of the struggle in reconciling faith and religion, without having any real answers to give but still somehow inspiring hope.

I don't really have much else to share at the moment so I figured I'd share these amazing musicians. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment