Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rope and Weight

I am so terribly far behind on blog reading!! I'm debating catching up on about two weeks worth of posts or just move forward from here. There's arguments to both. If there's something I missed that is important, feel free to link it below. :)

I'm finally getting back on track after all the holiday splurging. I love food but I know I do overdo it at times. The holidays are the worst and it seems like things are settling down enough that I can resume a diet and exercise program. Also, winter is just terrible for staying in shape. All that cold weather doesn't entice me to venture outside, unlike the warmer months.

Two days of exercising on the gazelle, yeah I have one of those damn things. Stealing a couple of minutes on occasion, probably about 20 minutes in total today. Not much I know but it's something. My plan is to do at least 15-20 minutes every day. Hoping that once it becomes part of my regular routine, I'll be able to stick with it. Hence why I'm doing a little bit every day. If I chose every other day with more time dedicated, I'd be more likely to keep putting it off and never getting any exercise in.

What does any of this have to do with kink? Absolutely nothing, lol. That's actually far from the truth. First and foremost, getting back in shape is for ME. To be healthier and feel better about myself. Because I know the toned, fit woman lurking within and I miss her.

As far as the kink goes, the healthier I am the more I'll be able to do. I have a love of bondage but with the shape I'm in now, I can't manage it. Note that I say "shape" not "size". My muscles can't handle a hogtie or any other fun bondage that Sir and I want to try out. People don't often realize how strong muscles need to be for a lot of the more confined, constrained BDSM play...

Until muscles start twitching and the bottom is hurting all over in a not so good way. Or the top is worn out and/or pulled muscles overdoing it. I know the importance of stretching before and after a scene. Making sure my body is as loose as it's going to be. Working out helps me stay more loose and less likely to have my body freak out mid-scene.

I very much enjoy my scenes and if part of that preparation means working out 20 minutes a day so we can have more fun, that's a damn good motivator. And learning rope work. Because tying people up just seems like a lot of fun, especially if Sir and I want to both Top another person. Which yes, we have plans for doing such things.

My goal is by June to be at my desired weight...and to have a more working knowledge of rope bondage. I've been giving myself too much time and flexibility. The last few years have been "by the end of the year" promises. I need a short term goal that will force me to keep myself in line. I honestly don't think 3 1/2 months will be enough but that's what I'm going with. We'll see where I'm at by June 1st. :-)

One last thing, did I ever mention Sir and my conversion where we discussed sexual non-monogamy? If not, I'll tackle that in my next post. It was surprising and quite interesting. Gotta say I love that man so much!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I really enjoy rope bondage as a switch. I like to be tied, but I also enjoy putting rope on someone. I like the special connection of rope play.

    Rope bondage is edge play so take the time to learn about safe play. I have several posts that contain some basics including a link to a bondage site and some books I have found useful.

    Hug,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will definitely check those out! I also know a number of people locally who do phenomenal rope work, so I'm hoping I can bribe them to teach me with yummy food. Hee hee hee!!

      Delete
  2. Working out in small doses is definitely a good plan, it seems to help in staying on track longer and the better one feels about their body the more kink is craved. It does take stronger muscles to engage in rope play and ride the wooden pony for any length of time plus its great too look good while doing it.

    ReplyDelete