Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mini Vacation

I'm doing better-ish. It helps that everyone at my friend's place is good. Hopefully for some time yet. Her son, monster man, falling ill was the scariest part. Poor thing isn't even 2 for another month yet. But monster man and the pups are healthy, for now. Crossing fingers and saying prayers that it'll last.

Sir and I are going away later this week. I've been trying to find the way to tell y'all as it's been a sore subject. Not the trip; that's going to be fantastic! I got pushed into going to this convention of sorts. Kind of kinky but not entirely. I coerced Sir to coming along with us. Even the ride up should be amusing.

No, it's where we're going. The area specifically. I know people performing. Not "I know of them" but instead I grew up with them. I knew the one was going to be there. She mentioned that she's been going to this for a few years now...the previous best friend. The one I mentioned in this post.

I didn't expect to see...him. His name is Tom. I first saw him many years ago. Maybe as young as elementary school. The years slide together after a while. I kept seeing him though, wasn't difficult in a small town. It wasn't until 2003 that we became friends...that I fell in love with him. It was all too easy. Nothing ever existed between us. Some flirting, kissing; never a relationship.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, my time in his life was ripped short. I haven't seen Tom since 2004. So, when I saw his picture earlier it felt like I had been punched. All the air in my lungs quickly escaped. I was startled to see him. Furthermore to see that he and previous best friend are still in touch. She was the one taking the pictures that I was checking out.

It's the past and I know it's going to stay that way. But being so close to where it all began for us, it's painful to know I'm going back. Well, not quite returning. Close enough though that it doesn't make a difference.

Sir said He'd be there to support me. Because He's amazing like that. And even with all my mopey flashbacks, it's going to be a great time. Plus, cuddling!! Lots and lots of cuddling. Sexy outfits. And that's not even counting what I'll be wearing to bed.

I'll be sure to keep y'all updated. We're leaving right after Sir gets off of work. It'll be a rush but the drive won't be too bad. Maybe 3 hours at most. Then it'll be 48 hours of crazy good times. I'll be sure to tell you guys all about it.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great mini vacation. Can't wait to hear more when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try to make sure there's lots of juicy stories to share!

      Delete
  2. Have a safe trip and have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. D! We plan on having a fantastic weekend!

      Delete