Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's Enough

Unfortunately, I did something to my right shoulder. It aches all the way down to my ribs, front and back. I've been having some pain since Wednesday night and it's only been getting worse, despite having seen the chiropractor on Friday. Sir knows I'm all screwed up and won't be going anywhere tomorrow. D'awww, He just sent me a text: "I'll see if I can bring you something back."  He's so sweet. :)  Whether He does or not is inconsequential. That He wanted me to go and is still thinking about me is enough to make for a happy subbie.

Honestly, I'm a little concerned for even going to visit Chris. My body has less than a week to figure itself out. Okay, I feel the stares. What happened on Wednesday?  I decided to do my nightly walk with wrist weights. And then there was emotional upheaval. Maybe between the chiropractor and seeing the therapist on Tuesday, I can manage to be okay by Friday. Or a week in the home state is going to be interesting to say the least.

I've been busy chit-chatting with a few people though. I have a friend stopping by to visit before he spends several months in Australia. I'm so happy for him and incredibly jealous! I'm glad he sent me a message before he left.

Lisa and I have been keeping each other entertained. I find out she officially got married on Friday. Basically it was a signing of paperwork, lol. Now I need to make them a cake some time, from scratch of course. I'll be seeing her soon. I can't wait. I miss her and the monster man so much.

Not sure if I'll be getting to see Sir before He leaves and then I leave. Sometimes life goes that way. If I do, it'll be nice. If not, well there is always Skype. He's bringing His laptop with Him on this work trip. We can Skype while I'm in home state as well. Especially in the morning. No one is ever awake in the morning, heh. Though I doubt anyone would care if I took ten minutes with my Sir anyway. They all know about him.

Even if I can't get hugs soon, I will get some of His time. For now, that's enough. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe you pulled something or it's your rotator cuff? If it's not any better soon (before you go) you should see a Dr? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dislike doctors...if that wasn't clear before now. Lol! Plus, if they even acknowledged that I had problems, they'd give me muscle relaxers and pain killers. Neither of which are ultimately useful.

      But my chiropractor is amazing. I see him regularly because my body does things like this. Some of it is genetic. For others once it happens, it keeps happening.

      There's something called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. It's genetic. I have a malformation of the spine. I ended up with scoliosis. A first cousin had spina bifida. As far as I know, it's related back to my maternal grandfather's side of the family. All my aunts have medical issues with their backs as well as other joint issues.

      I don't know if that's actually what's going on, but it's been brought to my attention by doctors, especially with family medical history.

      The only thing I can do is keep building up muscle mass to help hold everything together. This is an unfortunate fact of life that I live with. Granted, normally it's not this bad for my ribs and shoulder, but it was only a matter of time.

      I do have more movement this morning in my shoulder. I plan on doing yoga later to see if that helps push anything back in place. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I do know what that is like .. living with a chronic illness ... it BITES! ;)

    Does a topical ointment help? I have liquid tiger balm with me .. always.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a variety of creams, gels, oils, etc. Some of it does help my muscles stop from tensing up too badly. But it's mainly nerve pain. There's not a whole lot that helps, even the prescription pain killers don't do much.

      From what was explained to me: Because nerve endings are so relatively small compared to blood vessels, pain killers and medicine in general has a harder time getting to smaller nerve veins. So unfortunately, pain is a reality of my life.

      I know I'm not the only one with these kind of issues. I've come across several bloggers with similar conditions that impact their daily lives.

      Today was surprisingly a good day, after the last few. I went outside and took care of my lawn. I plan to get back out after grilling up some dinner. :D So I do what I can, while I can.

      Delete